WTB Cassette Radio for 1987 Crown Victoria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slymer View Post
    looks like he's looking for a non-premium head. I would think the premium head would need the amp in the trunk as well.
    I've asked that question and explained the difference but haven't heard what exactly he needs. Probably can make the Premium head work in a non-prem system but not sure of the proceedure.

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

The pics he posted are of the non-premium style like I had in my 88. I have the stock one from the 93, but it requires a din adapter since it's from the 90+ dash that uses the clip-in style.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

So there is no confusion mine is a Premium Head Unit from a 1987 Mercury Grand Marquis (Premium Sound System). Guess he'll let us know what he needs. The front channels are driven (IIRC) by the amp in the trunk.

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

Comment

My wagon has four speakers: 2 dash and 2 in the rear. It originally had what I would consider the base radio since it has no cassette deck, although it does have a digital display.

Tan 1986 LTD Crown Victoria Wagon "The Shaggin' Wagon" (sold), White 1987 LTD Crown Victoria Wagon "The Dreamboat", 2001 Ford Explorer Sport

Comment

Then it sounds like you have the "non-premium" system. Not sure if you can get mine to work so you will need to research and get back to me. Bobby

Comment

Working...
            X