Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tiggie
    replied
    I'm sure it's all tweaked. Could probably be pulled out to be close. Getting a door to fit would probably be a challenge. Still a good car to to use to convert a civilian one into a police car.

Leave a comment:

• jaywish
    replied
    Yea, looks like it might need a very small pull at the bottom but it is hard to tell from the photos.

Leave a comment:

• Brown_Muscle
    replied
    I wonder if the B pillar is OK. If it is new doors would be an easy fix

Leave a comment:

• Tiggie
    replied
    Looks like we have a P72 that will be coming up for sale at IAAI. Most of these anyone can purchase through a broker, but the fees get expensive quick.

Looks like it had the "granny" trim on the bottom like civilian versions.

Leave a comment:

• kishy
    replied
    That's an insurance auction, so I kinda get it not being cleaned off. As-is, where-is, take it or leave it, we don't care, etc.

Also, between the biohazard warning stickers and some of the staining on the rug(?) on the front seat, it is possible that someone died in that one under circumstances that very clearly weren't a crash.

My next vehicle is very likely to be a southern US (or otherwise rust-free part of the US) insurance auction car. Not that I'm in the market quite yet. The Fairmont wagon body we discussed in another thread a few days back almost made it happen though. If it were a roller with its complete stock suspension I'd probably have it here by now.
    Last edited by kishy; 04-01-2023, 07:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• friskyfrankie
    replied
    Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
    always amazes me when you see things listed for sale that they couldn't be bothered to spend 10 minutes with a pressure washer to remove the worst of the funk.
    With the market as it is, perhaps they feel like they don't have to and still get crazy money for them? By the way, I totally agree with you!

Leave a comment:

• gadget73
    replied
    always amazes me when you see things listed for sale that they couldn't be bothered to spend 10 minutes with a pressure washer to remove the worst of the funk.

Leave a comment:

• Tiggie
    replied
    IAAI Colony Park. I bet it stinks. Probably was a really nice car that was left to rot for whatever reason for a couple decades.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Mainemantom
    replied
    Looks like a good parts car. To repair all that is damaged would be way too much work and money. I suspect suspension/ frame damage. Wonder if it will bring over $600 before fees ?

Leave a comment:

• VicCrownVic
    replied
    I spy a 3G conversion.
    I assume the shirt over the driver seat is likely hiding some wear on the seat. Although the seat bottom looks fine. Hard to find seats in that color in the JYs.

Leave a comment:

• friskyfrankie
    replied
    Rust would be an issue, for me and if there was frame damage it would be "see ya later"!

Leave a comment:

• Tiggie
    replied
    Gotta another insurance auction wagon. This one is in NY and is going up for sale Wednesday.

Probably some frame damage but I'm sure it could
    be pulled out. This one is within 1000 on the VIN to my 90.

Vin – 2FACP79F3LX115468: Bidding ended on Salvage Ford Crown victoria Country squire lx on February 22, 2023. Click here to Bid and win similar clean & salvage Ford Crown victoria at Salvagebid.com, at competitive price.

Click image for larger version

Name:	A3FF3530-2CE7-40D2-835B-F1C2C4C79BAA.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	119.8 KB
ID:	1386155
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Tiggie
    replied

$300 Colony Park with Tow Package!

It's rough but not that bad. Someone grab it before it becomes derby fodder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Mainemantom
    replied
    Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
    New OEM 1988 & Up Ford Seatbelt Seat Belt Buckle Kit Set E8AZ7461200B

This is for a wagon by the part number. I would have bought this when I added shoulder harnesses to the rear of my 88. But I didn't know it existed! Says 88-89 but I bet it works fine for earlier cars as well.
    The seat belts look like center belts, might work for a sedan ?

Leave a comment:

• Tiggie
    replied
    The unusual 2150 with AOD provision. Still available on RockAuto, but significantly more than this one.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X