1979 Ford LTD Landau

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1979 Ford LTD Landau

Hey guys! Been awhile since I have been on the site. I hope everyone is doing well, and everyone's cars are still running strong!

Here we have a 1979 Ford LTD Landau. She's in pretty rough shape, but it does have a lot of salvageable parts left on her. I was going to keep the car for myself, but I can't get the title and I just don't want to deal with the hassle. It is a 351w attached with a 3 speed automatic c6 transmission. I have gotten the car running, and it runs quite well. Just needs its routine maintenance for it to run at its best. It did not smoke or make a single sound on start up and I was quite surprised by that. The car has sat still for about a year. It's last NC inspection was in 2005. I did jack the rear end up and put in Drive, but I couldn't tell if it had ever went into 3rd. I could feel it shift from 1st to 2nd and back down from 2nd to 1st, but could not feel it shift into 3rd even when the speedometer said I was running 50mph. I'm not sure if that was fast enough with the 2.26 gear ratio in the rear end. However, that was as fast as I wanted to run it due the wheels being 16's and they was rubbing from the inside and was horribly out of balanced. It was quite shaky.

I will sell any parts that I can fit into a box and ship, or I can sell the whole car to someone. I am asking $800 for the car and that's the best I can do on the price. If anyone is interested or have any other questions, feel free to message me on here. I will be checking back on here at least once day. Thanks for reading!

If you don't sell the whole car, dibs on the clear corners, headlight bezels, grille, hood ordainment and taillights. I'd take the front bumper too if you'd ship it.
    2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
    2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
    2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
    1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Might be cheaper to pick up the car and either fix it or pick off whatever parts you need at your leisure.

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

That's a shame. I don't see any rust on it, and it looks like it would clean right up.

MIKE

Comment

Bummer about the title, that'd be a real nice car cleaned up with a new top.
          2003 Crown Vic - Stainless Works Longtubes + 2.5" exhaust, 19" C/S Wheels, 70MM TB
          2004 Dodge Ram 2500, Yeah, It's got a Hemi
          2000 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab

Comment

I am serious about getting the front and rear red seats if you part it out !!

Comment

If you part out, I'd be interested in the dash trim section that fits around the radio/HVAC controls.

Comment

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
                If you don't sell the whole car, dibs on the clear corners, headlight bezels, grille, hood ordainment and taillights. I'd take the front bumper too if you'd ship it.
                Okay, you'll be the first to keep in mind on those parts. I will give it a few days just to be sure that no one wants the whole car.

Originally posted by PICKUP6772 View Post
                That's a shame. I don't see any rust on it, and it looks like it would clean right up.

MIKE
                Hey Mike, Actually the car does have some hidden rust that you cant see in the pictures. The left rear quarter panel is rusting through and has lost some of the bottom side of it. The trunk pan is starting to rust, but could probably be stopped in time before it ate through. The floor pans also have some minor rust spots while I was looking underneath of it. Not sure how it would look after you removed the carpet. I feel that the worst part of this car is the top. It has some holes in it and is getting soft around the edges. The car has been sitting for so long neglected, under a shade tree at that.

Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
                I am serious about getting the front and rear red seats if you part it out !!
                I am not sure about shipping those, they may be to big and bulky for to actually find a box to ship it. I would imagine the cost of shipping would be up there to.

Originally posted by Louis View Post
                If you part out, I'd be interested in the dash trim section that fits around the radio/HVAC controls.
                Sure, no problem. will keep you guys in mind on the parts you asked for. I know these cars are getting harder and harder to find. I Just want to give it a fair chance before I start taking parts off of it.

Comment

What's the title issue? I know that in Ohio, if you lose your title, as long as it was in your name, it costs $7.50 or so for the replacement title from the BMV.
                  Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

On the seats, Shipping is not that expensive if they go Greyhound. I only need the cushions, not the tracks.

Comment

I am sure someone would be interested in the seat trims if shipping does not pan out. I know I love them on my car!

What is the condition of al of the bumperetts? I like the chrome/silver accents in them....
                      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

looks like they have white accents like the bumper strips.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
                        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
                        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Brandon, I need the FORD lettering off the left side of the trunklid for my LTD. Sent you a PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
                            Road trip with thge Battle Wagon.
                            '91 LTD Country Squire LX | '82 Cougar GS wagon |'03 Marauder | ' 18 Flex Limited EB
                            formerly: '02 MGM, '04 MGM, '04 MGM v2.0, '04 MM, '07 P71 w/5-speed, '03 SAP P71, '04 CVLX (now in pantera77's stable), '10 P7B

Comment

Is the air dam available/in good shape? Extremely interested.
                              Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
                              New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

Working...
                              X