Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

universal fit cats (cut the pipes and slide cats in... bolt down with clamps or weld in place) are like $60 each...

get two... have a nice day.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Its dark just do it trailer park boys style and borrow some from someone down the road
      1986 Mercury Grand Marquis "5.0" (160,000)

2011 Ford Crown Victoria "4.6" (54,000)

2015 Jeep Wrangler JK Willys "3.6" (48,000)

Comment

replacing the converters isnt the end of the world. Not even all that expensive really. If you want the no-hassle route, about 200 bucks would get you a brandy new set of direct fit converters, pipe and all. Just bolt it up.

The frame is a bigger concern, though its not that bad. I've seen worse. You just need someone with a welder that will fix it for you.

With a little time and some money, you can have this together and legal for under a grand all-in.

so yeah, if you're gonna buy the car, buy the car. If you don't have anything to say that isn't related to buying the car, butt the fuck out. Theres no reason this is 7 pages long without someone buying the damn thing already. Shit or get off the pot people.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by MattsGrandMarquis View Post
          yeah what he said some of you are being real disrespectful and are abusing the rep system. if i dont want to convert my car over to SEFI i dont want to its more money than a town car you dont have to fricken give me bad rep for a decision i dont want to do. JERKS.
          I think your comments about how stupid the possible buyer and your disprect for him and his obvious tough times was just as bad. Also, its a 97 chev truck, I'm sure he could have a running vortec v6, a 305 or even a nice running 350 in that truck for $600 and a bit of work. Don't bondo the frame if your going to keep the car, do it right or just sell it as is. All bondoing the frame is going to do is allow it to get worse and worse without being able to see cheating the inspectors while driving around a car with serious structural problems or hide a big problem from potential buyers. I'd have to see it in person but it looks like you should have a skilled welder fix it or at the very least someone with some alright metal fab skills or sell it to someone who's going to find someone who wants to fix it themselves.

On a side note, why not just find some junk yard cats off some junk car, where I come from its the easiest route by far or find someone with a parts car and buy them off that. I can only imagine how expensive, useless and dumb emissions is, thank god i dont have to deal with that shit.
          79 Grand Marquis

Comment

Originally posted by Leafsrule16 View Post
            I think your comments about how stupid the possible buyer and your disprect for him and his obvious tough times was just as bad. Also, its a 97 chev truck, I'm sure he could have a running vortec v6, a 305 or even a nice running 350 in that truck for $600 and a bit of work. Don't bondo the frame if your going to keep the car, do it right or just sell it as is. All bondoing the frame is going to do is allow it to get worse and worse without being able to see cheating the inspectors while driving around a car with serious structural problems or hide a big problem from potential buyers. I'd have to see it in person but it looks like you should have a skilled welder fix it or at the very least someone with some alright metal fab skills or sell it to someone who's going to find someone who wants to fix it themselves.

On a side note, why not just find some junk yard cats off some junk car, where I come from its the easiest route by far or find someone with a parts car and buy them off that. I can only imagine how expensive, useless and dumb emissions is, thank god i dont have to deal with that shit.

well this Saturday i am buying johns old cats and the pipe thing that went to them. he is also gonna look at the frame and see how bad it is if it is patchable then he might do it.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
            -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
            1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

Originally posted by Leafsrule16 View Post

Tell me what junkyard sells cats, cause I'm going there...

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                Tell me what junkyard sells cats, cause I'm going there...
                Oh they probaby sell them. No doubt. But you're gonna pay every bit of srap price for them. Hell they'll probably charge more than scrap price so they can make more.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
                  Oh they probaby sell them. No doubt. But you're gonna pay every bit of srap price for them. Hell they'll probably charge more than scrap price so they can make more.
                  Legally, they can't...

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                    Legally, they can't...

exactly i also would like to know who says you can by junkyard cats because there full of shit. if a junkyard were to sell cats they can get a heavy fine and possibly lose there junkyard. i know no junkyard up here will do that because of the risks.

-Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
                    1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

What's wrong with selling used cats?
                      2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

There are those junkyards that just dont care a local one here used to take cara w/o titles a big no no. A couple of years ago they got busted with some stolen vehicles and a huge fine. Now they no longer do that but they will sell you used cats for $20 apiece eventually they will probably get busted for that too. Correct me if I'm wrong but I also believe whoever posted that thing about J/Y cats was in canada so you may be legally allowed to buy them up there
                        2002 Mercury Grand Marquis LSE, Sylvania Zevo LED Headlights, MSD Blaster Coils, K&N Cold Air Intake, Dual Exhaust, 3.27's - Dally Driver

1983 Lincoln Continental Mark VI, Smog Delete - Summer Cruiser

Comment

hmmm.... Didnt know that.... That makes no sense though? No difference if you buy the whole car and still get the cats?... I know I can buy them here If there not already cut off. Alot of people makes money on that here... they'll go around to junkyards and buy cats and resale them to recyling places. But that's here... Every state is different rules and regulations

Comment

Holy fucking shit guys. I an Gatdget both said to butt the fuck out. This is a for sale thread. There is no need for ongoing roundabout discussions....that is what pms are for. Don't you even think about replying if you are not considering buying the car. Really hold yourselves back and listen to the authorities on this board. This is unbelievable.
                            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                            my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Sometime after Friday after next, I'll be up there. If it's still around, that is.

AND if it doesn't have 'used cats' installed. Either new ones, or no ones and I'll evaluate the car's value accordingly. Used cats could have damage from a variety of factors that would affect their flow or emissions-reducing functionality. Thanks, but no thanks.
                              Last edited by Midnight Drifter; 09-22-2011, 11:33 PM.
                              1997 Lincoln Town Car Executive Series - Charlene

Saved from a tragic fate, planned mild restoration. Now with working heat, perfect for the cold winter!

Comment

Originally posted by Midnight Drifter View Post
                                Sometime after Friday after next, I'll be up there. If it's still around, that is.

AND if it doesn't have 'used cats' installed. Either new ones, or no ones and I'll evaluate the car's value accordingly. Used cats could have damage from a variety of factors that would affect their flow or emissions-reducing functionality. Thanks, but no thanks.
                                these ones are like no blockage they are from 86VickyLX crown vic. there still work 100%. ask him.

Comment

Working...
                                X