No announcement yet.

Possible new owner poking around

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you have any pictures of that? Is there any modification to the dash required? All the mods I am looking to do will require no drilling or cutting and can be reversed if need be; I feel compelled to retain originality with this car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by adam.w.ackerman View Post
      My first was an 84 or 85 Vic back in 2006. I dropped a 351w and a C6 in it, Stuffed some 31x10.5 tires under the back, dumped the exhaust out in front of the tires on each side, and then promptly went out and plowed a deer totalling the car. Total on road time: 15 minutes.
      You must've cried.
      '79 Continental Town Car
      '90 Crown Victoria LTD
      '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Do you have any pictures of that? Is there any modification to the dash required? All the mods I am looking to do will require no drilling or cutting and can be reversed if need be; I feel compelled to retain originality with this car.
        Completely reversible from what I recall. Think some minor clearancing on the dash plastic behind the gauge cluster was needed, but nothing that would be considered structural. No pics of work in progress that I know of, but an end result could be seen on this vid, about 12 min in.
        This is it! The big tour of my beloved '89 Grand Marquis. She's a ton of fun to drive. Just needs a bunch of miscellaneous things tended to and she'll be abs...
        The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
        The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

Looks like I would have to remove the trim work unless that is a separate piece. I was looking at it earlier today but that looked like part of the dash.

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I think ima not do that... lol

sigpic

Comment

Sharp car. Looks like a garage kept one owner car. Good find.

Comment

Thanks man!

sigpic

Comment

Looks like I would have to remove the trim work unless that is a separate piece. I was looking at it earlier today but that looked like part of the dash.
                  Idk wtf you're looking at, but I can tell you not a single piece of trim was removed on that one. That was actually one of the main goals, to make the digidash fit without touching anything around it. The cluster that was supposed to be used initially would have required all sorts of hackery and that was no bueno, so this was plan B and it worked out much better. The only way you'd know this isn't factory is by the missing PRND31 box, which is actually not missing but simply covered up as the one built into the aero cluster works exactly opposite of the one the car had initially - just something to tweak eventually, when that happens a window will be cut in the big silver trim piece for it.
                  The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.

Comment

Welcome to the Party!!

-ryan s.
                    08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
                    03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                    97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
                    94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
                    73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
                    12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
                    Originally posted by pantera77
                    Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Very nice find! Welcome!
                      —John

1985 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat
                      1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)
                      1995 Mustang SVT Cobra coupe (cream puff)
                      1966 Mustang coupe (restoration in-progress)

Comment

Originally posted by His Royal Ghostliness View Post
                        Idk wtf you're looking at, but I can tell you not a single piece of trim was removed on that one. That was actually one of the main goals, to make the digidash fit without touching anything around it. The cluster that was supposed to be used initially would have required all sorts of hackery and that was no bueno, so this was plan B and it worked out much better. The only way you'd know this isn't factory is by the missing PRND31 box, which is actually not missing but simply covered up as the one built into the aero cluster works exactly opposite of the one the car had initially - just something to tweak eventually, when that happens a window will be cut in the big silver trim piece for it.
                        This mod really goes the opposite direction of what I want to do, the truth is that I don't plan to keep this car for more than a year or at least till the loan is paid off. The mods I do to it need to be easily reversible and need to retain the OEM look as much as possible. Partially because this is what I feel compelled to do and because I think the car will be more desirable as close to OEM as it can be.

sigpic

Comment

Oh, well then that's a different story, don't fuck with it at all. The digidash itself is fully reversible, however the wiring for it is not - cutting and splicing is needed, something you generally wanna avoid if you're either not keeping the car for a while or plan on putting all the factory stuff back in sooner rather than later.

I do have to ask tho, what is the reasoning behind getting a loan and paying interest on it for a car that will only be kept till said loan is paid off? Was it a case of "I need a reliable vehicle right now" and this one just happen to fit the bill?

Comment

Originally posted by His Royal Ghostliness View Post
                            I do have to ask tho, what is the reasoning behind getting a loan and paying interest on it for a car that will only be kept till said loan is paid off? Was it a case of "I need a reliable vehicle right now" and this one just happen to fit the bill?
                            For the most part yes, but I was also looking for a Panther and any Panther would do at this point. I wanted a Vic and this was more than I wanted to spend; but it is in great shap, should hold value well, only needs routine maint things like Brakes and wheel bearings, worked out to be in my price range, and has heat! My Dakota has 262k on it and the heater core went out back in November; I was going to fix the core but it got blistering cold and the Bronco is taking up the garage with the front of the engine torn out, add in all the other work that the Dakota needs and it just isn't worth it. I was finally accepting the fact that I needed to replace the Dakota and stumbled on this at a local lot; I am an opportunist so I jumped on it when it all checked out. I will drive this for a few years, do the work to it that it needs, and work on finding the car I want in the meantime; hoping to make some contacts in the Panther communities and maybe eventually work out a deal for a Wagon or even a 2-door. Down side is so far it seems like there is not much of a community here in Central Ks, might have to drive some to find what I want; I live in Demo Derby Country and even good cars get chewed up, I guess I also felt compelled to insure this car survives.
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X