Back Again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back Again!

Hello, I use to lurk around here often under a few different names. You all are a cool group of people, and I learned a lot. Ive owned a 91 GM, an 85 TC, and a 94 GM. Now i'm back after i just purchased a 94 Town car about a month ago. I love these cars, and I'm glad to own yet another one. Anywho, on to the details. Its a 94, I believe a "signature"? Has ONLY 85K miles. Loaded with options of course. White exterior, white leather interior, and digital dash. I am the third owner of the car, the previous owner bought it from the original owner at 50k miles, about 3 years ago. When I bought it, the car had been sitting untouched for probably 6-8 months. I put in a new battery, and it fired right up! Of course i've had to do a few little things to it, but its in very good condition overall. I look forward to being a part of this forum again!

-1994 Lincoln Town Car...always under construction

Click image for larger version

Name:	20161113_123720.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	1280912Click image for larger version

Name:	20161113_123800.jpeg
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	1280913Click image for larger version

Name:	20161113_123745.jpeg
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	1280914
    Attached Files

Comment

Welcome back.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

White leather looks classy.
        1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
        1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
        Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
        Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Thank you! At first I thought white leather would be miserable to keep clean, but it really hasn't been bad. I don't plan on modifying the car a whole lot. I just FINALLY got done getting all that old purple window tint off, and plan on getting the windows redone. Then mufflers and chrome tips (it has factory dual exhaust). I definitely also want to get some different rims, maybe something like a Soft 8?

Comment

Soft 8 will look crappy on this thing. Really they look crappy on anything that isn't hot-rod-styled or a pickup/SUV. If you like the general "snowflake" design of your current wheels, there is a factory Lincoln model that looks similar but has quite a bit less spokes, and is also 16" which allows both larger front brakes and nicer-handling tires. Other than those I really like the 17" Bullitt-style wheels, or the LX Sport wheels (you can get their lookalike cheap from a Dodge vehicle).
            The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
            The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

Thanks for your input, but the main reason I haven't leaned toward mustang wheels is because I'm not very fond of using wheel adapters. Which doesn't leave a whole lot of other options. I do not like the style rims that are on there now.

Comment

I don't recall suggesting "Mustang" wheels, or for that matter even mentioning wheel adapters. What you need is 5 on 4.5" bolt pattern in zero, or slightly negative, or slightly positive (depending on the look you want) offset - that's like stupid popular setup for muscle cars and such, and yes the Bullitt-style wheels are made in that as well. Yeah they will have to be aftermarket wheels, and likely you'll have to get them new so they won't be cheap. But point is, the selection is out there, the question is whether you can afford it or not. Which is pretty much the eternal mess we're all facing when working on these things - to every problem there is at least one solution, but the price tag of some of said solutions, holy cow! lol

Get on Summit's website and punch in the wheel specs and you should be able to find a bunch of stuff that looks better than your regular cheap Soft 8 POS that just about every broke as a joke but dreaming big fool out there is running.

By the way adapters are not unsafe, all the Big Three have been running adapters on the front of their dually trucks for almost 20 years now, and they don't exactly suffer failures by the thousands. But there is a right way of making an adapter, and then there's the cheap way, you can guess what the OEMs chose there. Luckily you can still get aftermarket adapters done right, but as you can imagine, not gonna be cheap.
                The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.

Comment

Welcome back!

Nice ride.
                  Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                  ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                  ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                  ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Welcome back! Are those cow floor mats? Awesome. Far as wheels go, check mine out. They're MB wheels old-school, similar to a bullitt or torque-thrust but cheaper. There's another brand that summit or jeg's carries that are similar but a bit cheaper. Mine are 17x8 and the set of 4 cost me about 550. They provide a nice contrast to a very white car. Click image for larger version

Name:	013.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	1280919

Comment

Originally posted by knucklehead0202 View Post
                      Welcome back! Are those cow floor mats? Awesome. Far as wheels go, check mine out. They're MB wheels old-school, similar to a bullitt or torque-thrust but cheaper. There's another brand that summit or jeg's carries that are similar but a bit cheaper. Mine are 17x8 and the set of 4 cost me about 550. They provide a nice contrast to a very white car. [ATTACH=CONFIG]46401[/ATTACH]
                      Thanks! And yes they are cow floor mats, for some reason I felt that's what the car needed lol. I do like the wheels on your car, might have to look into them. Did you have to use adapters?

Comment

"Holy Cow" that's a nice '94
                        '79 Continental Town Car
                        '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                        '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

No spacers. 17x8 with a 4.5" backspace. Running 255/50/17 Nitto 555's. Only mild rub when turning into a driveway too fast. The car in the picture is my now wrecked car, but my new one is almost identical and I put the wheels on it. First car I rolled the inner fenders and that alleviated the rub. May be different on the aero but that's the only issue I had.

Comment

Yup, them right there be the wheels I was talking about, look similar to the OEM Bullitts but are aftermarket and can be had in a variety of dimensions and also colors/coatings. But there is the price... which actually ain't bad at all considering what a set of good spacers cost that will allow use of OEM Mustang wheels. So yeah, find something like that and you'll be all set.

Comment

Welcome back to the Party!!
                              That's a clean 94 for sure.

-ryan s.
                              08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
                              03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                              97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
                              94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
                              73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
                              12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
                              Originally posted by pantera77
                              Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Working...
                              X