No announcement yet.

New guy with new addition..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bronco does not use same firing order as these cars do.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I thought all non h.o. had the same order...good to know! I've been out of the pushrod game for too long lol

Sent while like doing stuff and what not.
      1990 Crown Vic - Lowered, E303 cammed, Short tube headers, H-pipe and Thursh welded mufflers dumped....MANY UPDATES COMING
      1999 Expedition EB mildy lifted on 33" Toyo's
      2012 4Runner Trail, 33" Duratracs, KDSS,lifted and louder.

Comment

So I may just need to go buy an e303 after hearing that run...
        1990 Country Squire - under restoration
        1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - daily beater

GMN Box Panther History
        Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
        Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

It depends what year Bronco we're talking about here. They changed the firing order in the early 90s when they changed the cam. It wasn't an HO stick, but it did have the HO firing order. The flat tappet truck motors had the 289/lopo firing order, the roller motors had the HO/351 firing order.

Mass air conversion not a big deal. You connect 4 wires and move I think 2. Its super well documented for Mustangs, and it works the same. If you want to keep cruise, thats slightly more involved but still not that big of a problem.

I'd be curious if the heads are stock. If so, thats a huge bottleneck. The stock cam sucks, don't get me wrong, but the heads and intake are even worse than the cam is. Head and intake swap with the stock cam actually does OK, though its still got no high RPM capability.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Welcome, that's a beautiful car, and sounds plenty beefy. You're right though, and the rest of the LOPO crap will definitely hold back that cam. E303 isn't a world-beater but it's decent as far as the basic off-the-shelf 5.0 cams go. It'll never be all that torquey down low but should pull strong in the mid-range. Matching heads and intake stuff would really wake it up, as well as a trans that doesn't shift right when you get into power. Found that one out in my other car. Anyhow, good to see more people with modded boxes!

Comment

Well like i said I'll find out from the previous owner if the ecu is in fact stock. I know the heads and intake are. But i have a set of H.O. heads just sitting wrapped in plastic on a garage shelf that i guess i could throw on once rebuilt lol. I always assumed the mass-air swap would be more of a pain because of the first needed h.o. update and a needed mass air ecu that doesn't exist for the Vic...but just more research i have to do and im ok with that. I know the E303....along with all the other "letter cams" is severely outdated and there are much better but it's in there for more, if in fact, that's what it is.

1990 Crown Vic - Lowered, E303 cammed, Short tube headers, H-pipe and Thursh welded mufflers dumped....MANY UPDATES COMING

Comment

Nice ride you've got there. Could easily win POTM!
                '79 Continental Town Car
                '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Hahah no no no no...the clearcoat is pretty much totally peeled away and the carpet is pretty rough shape...maybe come spring lol

Comment

Well it definitely does have an E303....and the stock ecu. He got some old timers at the dealership to help him with tuning to get it running right. So far they did a great job as its been running this way for over a year lol. But we will see if it's an issue when/if i do the h.o. and possible mass air swap.....now wheres that sticky on the mass-air swap lol

Comment

You will have major issues converting to mass air.

Your wiring will not match the mass air computers.

Going to be a lot of work for you.
                      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                        It depends what year Bronco we're talking about here. They changed the firing order in the early 90s when they changed the cam. It wasn't an HO stick, but it did have the HO firing order. The flat tappet truck motors had the 289/lopo firing order, the roller motors had the HO/351 firing order.

Mass air conversion not a big deal. You connect 4 wires and move I think 2. Its super well documented for Mustangs, and it works the same. If you want to keep cruise, thats slightly more involved but still not that big of a problem.

I'd be curious if the heads are stock. If so, thats a huge bottleneck. The stock cam sucks, don't get me wrong, but the heads and intake are even worse than the cam is. Head and intake swap with the stock cam actually does OK, though its still got no high RPM capability.
                        Hmm....one says its a total of 6 wires and one says it will be a huge pain to do a Mass Air swap....lol can anyone verify?

Comment

Can't answer your question for mass air but I do want to know if it's still running the stock tiny throttle body. E303 + stock ECM +running well = mind blown.
                          1990 Country Squire - under restoration
                          1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - daily beater

GMN Box Panther History
                          Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                          Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Yup stock throttle body as far as i can tell.....it's not making tons of power but it's running good lol. Starts right up no lag or slow start what so ever.

Comment

Working...
                            X