Hello from New Jersey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from New Jersey

Just wanted to say hey. The board I frequent looks like it may be on its last legs and I'm looking forward to taking advantage of the good info here.
    2002 Crown Vic LX 82500 miles

Welcome! Another CVN refugee?

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
    160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
    waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

How'd you guess?

Comment

Welcome to the non whacker forum then.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Welcome!

I think we're going to be seeing a huge amount of new members soon lol
          1986 Mercury Grand Marquis "5.0" (160,000)

2011 Ford Crown Victoria "4.6" (54,000)

2015 Jeep Wrangler JK Willys "3.6" (48,000)

Comment

Welcome!

That's unfortunate about the "other forum" since most of our members are box guys and info on the newer stuff is a little harder to come by around here. I've even found good info on the "other forum" and I'm only a member of GMN and have only ever owned box panthers.
            The guys here that are knowledgeable on the new stuff know their stuff, and they're growing in numbers here on GMN. I'm sure some day us box guys will be outnumbered.
            Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
            ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
            ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
            ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Welcome!

Not to cause a stir, but what is going on in the CVN world?
              "To Find yourself, you must first lose yourself"

-1973 Volkswagen Bus Westy
              -1986 Honda Magna 700cc
              -1989 Lincoln Town car Signature Series
              -2011 Subaru Outback

Comment

Well, the owner/admin of the site has been absent for the most part during the last few years and there have been several instances of the servers being down recently. Several members left due to some grievances and took down the tech articles they had contributed as a farewell gesture. It would be a shame if the site went away as there is a large amount of info and the traffic is brisk.

Comment

wow, that's crazy

-1986 Honda Magna 700cc
                  -2011 Subaru Outback

Comment

Originally posted by porschpow View Post
                    wow, that's crazy
                    This. Bah.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
                    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
                    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I personally wasn't a member on CVN, but I have been hearing a few things about that site...

Makes me glad to be a member of GMN!

-1986 Honda Magna 700cc
                      -2011 Subaru Outback

Comment

GMN is a much better, friendlier site than CVN (I'll lurk but won't post there). Having said that the tech base on the 4.6 cars is pretty plentiful there.

Anyway, welcome to the site. We certainly have our share of Jersey guys here.
                        2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                        2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                        Past Panthers
                        1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                        if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Welcome to the Party!!

-ryan s.
                          08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
                          03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                          97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
                          94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
                          73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
                          12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
                          Originally posted by pantera77
                          Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

I was never involved in the great box rift that spawned this site many moons ago, but if there is one thing I hate to see its loss of useful information. I'm real glad there were mirrors made of the old p71interceptor site for example. Whatever issues may exist between people, I would hope that folks would be courteous enough to not take their information and bugger off because it actually causes greater loss. There are a lot of people that visit sites to get information that never post. Makes me wonder how many people have read things here and kept their cars running when it wouldn't have happened otherwise.

Anyway, welcome!
                            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Welcome!

My father had bought a few MGM's over the years, and he gave me his 2000 some years ago, so GMN seemed to be the appropriate site for me when I had something to "give back" to the internet. I wonder if I'd be crucified for suggesting that GMN seems to be analogous to a Canadian cousin of the other site (i.e. smaller and friendlier).

I had no idea until recently that the other site had issues. Does anyone have any idea what it would take to keep the other one going?

2000 Grand Marquis LS HPP, a hand-me-down in 2008 with 128,000 km; 175,000 km as of July 2014
                              mods: air filter box 'tuba', headlight relay harness, J-mod (around 186,350 km), 70mm throttle body, KYB Gas-A-Just shocks, aluminum driveshaft, ARA3 PCM

Comment

Working...
                              X