Help Me !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Me !!!

hey i have a 1992 grand marquis and had it for a while and it doesnt look so nice anymore and would like to change the front end with any grand marquis 1998 and up i like the way those look. will it work???

technically you could throw a 03 front end on it if you so chose, might be a little of finagling but its possiable. anythign can be donw just depends on how much skills you ahve and how much money to spend.
    89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

youll definitely need some newer fenders to do that
      1988 MGM GS - Preferred Equipment Package 172A; InstaClear

1980 Lincoln Continental Coupe
      1994 MGM GS Montigua
      2005 F150 Lariat Scab 4x4 3.73 LS
      2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

your probably going to need all the brackets and the wiring for the lights too

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
        2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
        1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
        1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
        2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

It would be a lot cheaper and easier to sell your car and buy a 98&up you can get them just as cheap as your 92. I bought my 03 for 2500.
          1984 CV tudor 351W, 4bbl, 5-speed best time in the 1/8 8.39 at 80 with 1.80 60ft time.
          2006 P71, 1988 Bronco II, 1986 Baby LTD(5.0 & T5 swap in progress), 1976 16' Hobie Cat, 12' AquaFinn
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2651997 UPDATED 20100826
          sigpic

Comment

Would it look better if you just bought some new headlights for it? That always helps on those years...

Comment

Originally posted by ford man View Post
              Would it look better if you just bought some new headlights for it? That always helps on those years...
              ^This!
              '79 Continental Town Car
              '90 Crown Victoria LTD
              '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Yes, they look much better with new headlamp assemblies.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

^ That vic looks happy with it's new headlights...

Comment

yeah... don't need to use the driving/fog lights to see any more... but we still use them anyhow since it lights up the road near the car that much better.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

where can i get headlights? all i can find are the oem headlights diff designs or anything.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieH415 View Post
                        where can i get headlights? all i can find are the oem headlights diff designs or anything.
                        What do you mean?
                        2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

I've never seen anything other than OEM design headlight assemblies for panthers. The ones on my 93 are OEM look. I got them from RockAuto (see ad banner at top and bottom). If you want something different... you're gonna have to build it yourself.

Comment

If they're all faded and nasty, you can use a rubbing compound, then polish, then wax to re-finish the headlights. Same for all the other lights, though headlights make the biggest difference. There are also "headlight restoration" kits sold in the detailing aisle of most parts stores. Figure on under half an hour for each light and saving a ton of money over buying new

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                            160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                            waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

I cleaned my assemblies on my 97 Grand Marq, but they were still bad on the inside. I ended up buying new ones on the bay for $160 delivered total.

Pete

PS every time I see the thread title, I think of the fly from 'the fly'
                              For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
                              1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
                              1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

Working...
                              X