Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only 18yrs. 1997 Grand Marquis && 1984 Crown Vic LTD Coupe

well im a long time ford/mercury lover.

hello there i am a new member on this site. been having these vehicles for a little bit and would like to further my knowledge upon them on this website.

first up is my 1984 crown vic ltd coupe sitting on them swangaz. {houston thing}

older pic with other rims and misc. things

next up is just a pic of the grand marquis. i had a wreck in it so the front end is kinda bad and i aint too PROUD of it so i dont take pics of it. lol

i need my front end repaired and i just got around to buying the parts that i need. i need some help with all that as well, i got a few questions.

and the rims on the crown vic are called swangers aka swangaz aka swangas bka elbows and vogues bka 84z lol get it? yes they POKING OUT. its a houston texas tradition. they cost over $2500 btw

I like the wire wheels, or "swangers", as you call them. They look pretty good on there. The other ones don't do as much for me, but hey, whatever you like, that's the important thing!

Feel free to ask whatever questions you have about getting the car fixed up; we're happy to help!

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
    1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
    But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Welcome!
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

welcome...god damn, how many sets of rims have you gone through?lol

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
        1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
        1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
        2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
        2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

nice panthers!
          welcome to gmn!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Nice 84. Lol I am 18 and I have an 87 Tudor and a 1994 Vic, lol.
            -2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor - Daily Driver - 17" Bullitt's, 235/55/17 Goodyear Eagles, Ex-NH State Police, best 1/4 mile time; 15.3 @ 90 mph
            -1987 Crown Victoria 2-Door - Project - 90k miles, Summit chambered muffler, Sunpro gauges, parked since 2010, fate tbd

Comment

thank you guys and yeah i havent seen soo many 2 door vics...well lately ive been spotting a few in my city but before that i had only seen like 2. still very rare though.

ive had a bout 4 diffrent sets of rims on my vic. stocks, lorenzos, blades, swangaz...lol
              i might have to start a new post and lace yall up on the swangaz, they are a houston texas delecacy, if thats how you spell it. lol

Comment

here is my wrecked grand marquis...

Comment

Welcome Looks better than my old 94, I hit a buick

Click image for larger version

Name:	Death.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	1258114

Click image for larger version

Name:	91 Buick Century.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	1258115
                  sigpic[LIST][*]99 Crown Vic Police Interceptor aka The Cruiser
                  [*]87 Chevy 20 Van 350TBI
                  [*]94 Mercury Grand Marquis aka Babyblue RIP
                  [*]83 Chrysler New Yorker 5th Ave 318 V8

Comment

Welcome, nice to see another 84! The wire wheels look good. I'm about 30 miles east of Houston. Plan on taking it to HRP?

2011 Grand Marquis LS Ultimate Edition
                    Dual Exhaust w/ AP XLerator mufflers and 3 1/2" tips, Eibach 1" rear sway bar, Pioneer Head unit and speakers, 17X8 Drag DR-72 wheels

RIP 1984 2Dr Crown Vic "The Millennium Falcon"
                    Carbed 5.0 HO w/nitrous , Performer RPM intake, GT40P heads, E303 cam, FRP Shorties, FRP 9mm plug wires, Off-Road H-pipe, Magnaflow round mufflers, 2000 rpm stall
                    NA-15.78@91.21, 80hp shot-14.48@96.21

Comment

Welcome to GMN by the way nice Panthers..
                      2000 Crown Vic LX HPP Red w/3:55 Rears
                      85 Crown Vic Stock w/HPP`s
                      07 JCL 250 A Scooter
                      79 to 91 Mercedes S Class W126 US or Euro Versions coming soon

Comment

97 eh? That looks like an easy fix. Espeically with a few trips to the junkyard.
                        Welcome to GMN!! I'm sure you'll like it here.

-ryan s.
                        08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
                        03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                        97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
                        94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
                        73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
                        12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
                        Originally posted by pantera77
                        Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Welcome!
                          '79 Continental Town Car
                          '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                          '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

welcome. nice cars
                            Give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will promptly forget that he once did not know, and proceed to call anyone who asks, a n00b and flame them on the boards for being stupid.

Comment

That's a great pair of cars for an 18 year old.

The "swangas" or whatever look good. If I were you, I'd sell the other rims if you still have them for an HO swap or something.

Like SVT98 said, a few junkyard trips SHOULD put that GM back in order. You might want to check for frame damage or a tweaked rad support just in case though.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                              160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                              waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Working...
                              X