• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice Lincolns!!! Welcome to GMN
    '79 Continental Town Car
    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Welcome Royston, I currentlly own a 1984 2 door Crown Vic, but back in my college days i owned a mint 1986 TC Singnature it was two-tone Silver and Charcoal. I wish i still had that one! Good luck on yours!
      Back in 1999 I spent 16 days in Cleethorpes on a shutdown, nice place England.
      With my east Texas accent i stuck out like a sore thumb. LOL

2011 Grand Marquis LS Ultimate Edition
      Dual Exhaust w/ AP XLerator mufflers and 3 1/2" tips, Eibach 1" rear sway bar, Pioneer Head unit and speakers, 17X8 Drag DR-72 wheels

RIP 1984 2Dr Crown Vic "The Millennium Falcon"
      Carbed 5.0 HO w/nitrous , Performer RPM intake, GT40P heads, E303 cam, FRP Shorties, FRP 9mm plug wires, Off-Road H-pipe, Magnaflow round mufflers, 2000 rpm stall
      NA-15.78@91.21, 80hp shot-14.48@96.21

Comment

Oh shit that's nice, cream on black. I love it.
        Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
        Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

I believed '80-'81 Mark VI Signature Series are much harder to find than any Mark Series.
          1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - Current - June 2016 POTM Winner
          1996 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
          1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
          1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2dr - Long gone

Comment

Yes, the MK V1 is rare. Lincoln didn't sell many. Mind you, they were very expensive when new.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpaslincoln View Post
              Oh shit that's nice, cream on black. I love it.
              something totally UN-car related popped into my mind.
              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
              my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

That MK6 brings back some memories. When my Dad's MK6 was in the shop, that red/white 2-door was exactly what the Lincoln dealer gave him for a loaner car. Definitely going to turn some heads overseas, for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by royston View Post
                  Yes, the MK V1 is rare. Lincoln didn't sell many. Mind you, they were very expensive when new.
                  yes the lady told me when she bought 1980 Mark VI Signature Series 2dr for $25,500.00! She is the first owner and now Im the second owner.
                  1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - Current - June 2016 POTM Winner
                  1996 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
                  1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
                  1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2dr - Long gone

Comment

IMHO the MK V1 is the finest of all the panthers. Traditional Conti styling with the best quality materials being used inside and out, especially in the first two years of production. It wasn't selling very well, so the spec was lowered along with the price in 1982.
                    I'm a big fan of the special editions, the Bill Blass being a particular favourite of mine, with it's convertable lookalike canvas top and the two tone paintjob and matching interior.
                    Your car is far too good to modify, indeed I feel that an exellent MKV1 will prove to be a good investment in future years, certainly better than any of the later cars, because of the extremely low build numbers.
                    I'm personally looking for a car that needs work, that way I won't feel so bad about modding it. Luckily, I live in Los Angeles where rust isn't an item you need to worry about, faded paint and dry, cracked leather interiors are common on cars that haven't been garaged.
                    Mind you, if another mint MK V1 comes my way, I will be first in line!
                    Last edited by royston; 03-02-2009, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Hey welcome!
                      -Me

No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Thanks and congratulations on your upcoming wedding.

Comment

Great Cars! Welcome to the boards!
                          Current stable:
                          1984 Ford LTD Crown Vic
                          1994 GMC Jimmy 4x4
                          1972 Volkswagen Camper Bus
                          2000 Ford Windstar

Comment

Working...
                          X