Another new one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another new one

Ok, new on the forums, so I figured I might as well settle in and get acquainted. I recently received a car from my grandfather to help me out in these hard times, seeing as my old Grand Cherokee's (It was actually nicknamed the "box" or the "tank") trans. coughed it's last breath (Thankfully at the top of a hill), and I realy didnt have the money to replace it, especially after losing my job. Rather than give me his old F-150 or Old's '98, he proceeded to give me his recently acquired 1990 Mercury Grand Marquis. Amazingly enough, the car had 1 set of owners its entire life: an elderly couple who had put a meager 87,000 miles on the car in almost 20 years. What's more, the car was sold for $500 cash. I've grown very fond of the behemoth and have decided to that I want to make it an eye-catcher. Take people by suprise. The only money I've had to put into it was a new alternator, seeing as the old one quit on me. I haven't yet been able to find a single oil leak anywhere under the hood, and the engine runs smoother than both of my parent's '07 Chevy's. Car's a great joy to drive, not to mention, she's already taught a lesson to two of those ever-annoying Honda Civic's. Anyway, now that I've drawled on far too long, I'll finish up. I'll try and upload some pic's here soon. Any beginner information regarding these vehicles and their pro's/con's would be awesome. Thanks!

Oh, and edit: The fuel injection rails are new and chrome looking, like they've been replaced recently. Is that a common problem?
    Last edited by The5.0; 02-27-2009, 02:55 AM.

welcome to gmn!
    the fuel rail is probably original.....most were chrome plated

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

welcome abord. im in DE too just a little further north in Newark
      1989 Grand Marquis GS

Comment

welcome to GMN!!!

you wanted noob advice on it... get the transmission kickdown cable grommet replaced with a brass bushing or the old plastic will fall apart on ya and burn up the transmission.
        Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

Welcome to GMN!
          2018 F150 XLT 43k
          1970 Buick GS 455 Stage 1 44k
          1968 Buick Riviera

Comment

Welcome! I hope the '90 will serve you well.
            '79 Continental Town Car
            '90 Crown Victoria LTD
            '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Welcome to the Dog pound GMN.......
              2000 Crown Vic LX HPP Red w/3:55 Rears
              85 Crown Vic Stock w/HPP`s
              07 JCL 250 A Scooter
              79 to 91 Mercedes S Class W126 US or Euro Versions coming soon

Comment

Comment

Thanks much, guys. Great to be welcomed here, and even better to be around other people who are into these box monsters

Comment

Welcome man. It sounds like you have a nice car there. I can't tell without pics. LOL.

Comment

I was pleased to see my SEFI fuel lines clean up to reveal nice chrome bling bling... the old CFI ones were plain steel.

Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                      sigpic
                      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Working...
                      X