05 Crown Vic Lx Sport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

05 Crown Vic Lx Sport

Hello, my name is Tom, as you might have gathered from my username. I’m 25 and live in PA. I just purchased my first Panther and I’m very excited to get started with it. It is an 05 Crown Vic Lx Sport with 238k miles on it. My father is MityMerc, you may know him for his box wagons.

The Vic came with a fiberglass hood with a scoop, mustang wheels, airbag suspension, an aftermarket Bluetooth touchscreen radio and sound system. Not sure about the details on that. Just know it’s got a sub, two upgraded speakers, and two amps. It recently had both the tranny and the rear rebuilt by shops adding a more aggressive gearing and traction lock.

Working out a few codes it’s throwing so I can get it inspected right now. P0193 and P0456. Which are,Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor Circuit High and, Evaporative Emission System Leak Detected (very small leak) respectively.

Metal head, guitar player and all around nice guy!

Welcome.

Nice car.

For the codes... you can verify with a fuel pressure gauge if the fuel pressure is really high or not or just replace the sensor. As for the evap leak, that's usually the gas cap gasket needs cleaned. Try that first. The next item to look at is the evap canister and assorted bits in the cage under the car on the bottom of the trunk. A smoke test will probably find the leak.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Welcome to the forum Tom

-David.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Nice! How is the interior? Let's see some more pics.
        Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
        ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
        ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
        ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Working...
        X