finally messing with the 02 lse... been mostly sitting 4-5 years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

finally messing with the 02 lse... been mostly sitting 4-5 years

hello from the rust belt- 2002 LSE, kinda a old forgotten project- youngest son wants to drive it, so... just getting started. polished/painted wheels, new tires, brakes next, then strip/repaint...should be a nice car again. I do want to put stiffer rate front springs in it though- same ride height, just hate how easy it bottoms... and we autocross, might take the barge out at least once for the heck of it
    I had a 2000 that rusted out, looked for a replacement- found this lse in florida ten years ago- it was mint as far as rust...bought it as a winter car, but couldnt salt it- was 3 years before it unfortunately saw salt was oil sprayed, but still drove it two winters, since then its been sitting at work, let a buddy borrow it for a while, but other than that only drove enough to clean brakes and run a tank of gas thru it a year... sitting/unwaxed, the paint started shedding in sheets...
    gonna strip and redo, should be a good car for some time... always ran perfect, with new rustfree brakes(theyre pulsing like warped rotors, but its rust pitting) i wouldnt be afraid to drive it across the country...ugly as heck at the moment, but under the peeling paint is a pretty clean, kinda unusual GM...heard the 02 LSE is kinda a 'rarity' among these land barges... nice cars, love the interior except the kinda bland steering wheel...good on gas, big/safe, plenty of pep, great brakes...for a big car, theyre pretty nimble.
    heres a pic from a decade ago when we first got it- actually waxed boor bottoms and under the rear bumper...hate what salt does to cars- seeing one that old(then) in such pristine shape, was a treat... really wish I woulda kept it unsalted though...

anyways, will prob be dropping in off and on again...think was in here eons ago, but forgot my details...starting over
    Tim
    Attached Files

Welcome!
    I'm also in the rust belt. Bought a no rust Southern '98 MGM to replace my rotted out '91 MGM winter driver back in 2020. It gets Krown every year and so far it's doing alright as the year round DD.
    Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
    ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
    ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
    ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

I'm partial to the pre-03 LSE and LX Sports. Good luck with your project.

I enjoy having at least one car that can tackle salt and it not bother me. My 88 serves that purpose. I'm not killing it on purpose but I'm using it and not losing sleep if salt says on it for a few days. Gravel road - check. Visiting relatives with large animals that get on top of cars - check. Parking anywhere I want - check.
      1990 Country Squire - under restoration
      1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - daily beater

GMN Box Panther History
      Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
      Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Welcome to the forum.
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Working...
        X