No announcement yet.

Problem with site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pardon the few minutes of downtime, that was me doing something.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
      Pardon the few minutes of downtime, that was me doing something.
      No problema - I have every confidence that if possible - you'll fix it!
      What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
      What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

Per some suggestions on support forums for the software I converted the database to a different style. it just had to be down while that happened. Seems maybe better? I dunno.
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I had the Google Chrome issue for the past year now. This is the 1st time posting. Not sure what happened. Good to be back though

Comment

We finally got the site on a secure page so it won't do that any more.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

My last post took over a minute to post. Something happening???

Comment

yeah... bots crawling the site endlessly.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
                  yeah... bots crawling the site endlessly.
                  No way to partially block that I assume?

Comment

haven't had much success at it. Right now as I'm posting this, its showing 2590 users online, but only 7 actual logged-in forum members. The rest are "guest" which basically means search engine / AI bots. I suppose it is possible to block them completely but then it won't show up on search engines.

Comment

For the last few days I've been getting this error when trying to post reply or save an edit on a post. But whatever I posted or edited goes through anyways, if I just refresh the page the post / edited contents is there.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Error.png
Views:	34
Size:	7.2 KB
ID:	1400113
                      1985 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, "Maisa"
                      2005 Volvo V70 Bi-Fuel

Comment

Yeah, I've seen this one as well. I think it's packet dropping on the return trip from the server and the communication getting out of sync. Not sure there's anything to be done for it.

Comment

haven't seen that one but randomly the database server does drop connections still. Whole lot less frequent than it used to but its not 100% .

Comment

Working...
                          X