GMN 20th anniversary Scottfest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heh... that wasn't even intentional.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

FYI: I am planning to come, but we are looking at buying a house, so we may not end up coming depending on what happens. Figured I'd let everyone know now instead of waiting until the last minute.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

ok... Last check before I start reserving hotels along the route. This is a go?

Comment

Got a replay from Scott on X. It's definitely on. Hopefully we'll see you there.

Comment

heard it on the X ? Could be a song.

The other thing is a dumb name. Take a long-established platform name and change it because reasons. I've seen it typed out as Xitter, but isn't Xi pronounced "shi" ? if so wouldn't that be "shitter" ?
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I think that's done on purpose because nobody really like X/Twitter/Xitter anyhow.

Could also be where they check it the most.
              Last edited by sly; 07-29-2024, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Yes it's on, Hopefully mom will be home by next weekend. if not we will go visit her. mine you if she is home i'm going to have to stay with her, someone need to be here to help her to the bathroom.
                I got a lot of food, bring drinks and snacks and coolers Thain or Jason I hope you can get moms scooter going for me. I been so frustrated haven't been out in the shop, it' a mess.
                I got a couple packs of hot dogs and burgers and i got frozen chicken I can get corn for 5 bucks a dozen. Don't bring a watermelon if you are not going to eat it. John claimed one of the beds, we got to move the stuff from around the bed tho. I can make a pot of chili. i have 2 gallon pitchers one has lemonade one has iced tea. You can set up tents wherever it's flat, behind the sheds is a nice spot. I don't have any freezer space, that's why i'm suggesting we feed from our freezers lol I got like 20 pounds of sausage too, will just need buns.

Hope as many people come as they can even if it's for a day.
                this could be my moms last Scottfest. She asked me to invite everyone in April, she wanted to see the guys.

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

I should be there laaaate Friday evening. Will have either Marauder or Navigator depending on (external) family situation. If I have the Navi, I have 2 monster coolers I'll bring.
                  See yee mangs soon.

-ryan s.
                  08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
                  03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                  97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
                  94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
                  73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
                  12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
                  Originally posted by pantera77
                  Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

I should get there Thursday evening. Hopefully it's not raining so I can put up the tent without getting hosed.

Comment

want me to bring any NJ produce? Corn is pretty decent this year but the farm stand also has the usual assortment of veggies and fruits.

we can go shopping for buns and such up there, probably cheaper than here.
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                        want me to bring any NJ produce? Corn is pretty decent this year but the farm stand also has the usual assortment of veggies and fruits.

we can go shopping for buns and such up there, probably cheaper than here.
                        Bring some corn if it's reasonable. I was at the farmers market yesterday and they wanted $8 a dozen. the local farmer is on vacation till the 8th so not sure what he will have time to pick before the weekend. I got some big onions yesterday for slicing.

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

Comment

ok so no onion. Tomatoes? I don't like them but some people do. Should be fruit and such too, peaches and cherries should be in season.

Comment

Consider Brioche buns for the dogs and burgers............big difference in taste!

Comment

Will Dave from Whitestone NY be there???

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                                ok so no onion. Tomatoes? I don't like them but some people do. Should be fruit and such too, peaches and cherries should be in season.
                                some big slicing tomatoes will work. mine arent doing well this year, they got blight. Only tomatoes I have a lot of are san marzano. bring mom an offering of cherries lol. she loves cherries, not sure if she will be home, she had a rough day today in therapy.

Comment

Working...
                                X