No announcement yet.

Need to know if this is a good deal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my Mark VII has a 9 year old Maaco paint job. It has overspray all over the place, and I can see swirly marks on the flat panels where it looks like they sanded it with gloves. Imagine hand waxing a car, and those are the marks it has. I can clearly see along the edges of the panels where it wasn't sanded fully to the edge, just a half-round swirly area where they got close, but not quite. It looks great from 5 feet away, but if you get up close you can definitely tell it isn't show quality. Add 9 years to that, and its not spectacular looking anymore.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
      my Mark VII has a 9 year old Maaco paint job. It has overspray all over the place, and I can see swirly marks on the flat panels where it looks like they sanded it with gloves. Imagine hand waxing a car, and those are the marks it has. I can clearly see along the edges of the panels where it wasn't sanded fully to the edge, just a half-round swirly area where they got close, but not quite. It looks great from 5 feet away, but if you get up close you can definitely tell it isn't show quality. Add 9 years to that, and its not spectacular looking anymore.
      At least the paint's still on the car after all those years. That's more than I expect from most Maaco jobs. Precleaning is not their strong point.

Comment

garaged for much of that time. I'm sure it helps.

So when are you coming down here to paint my Townie?
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

well I dont have pictures yet the guy is taking pics for me but they are doing a hell of better job than the last guy who did the car cause there was rust under alot of bondo on the car and they know what there doing. I think its gunna turn out very good. I ll try to get some pics up soon. But they are doing really well right now.
          sigpic
          1986 Crown Victoria 302 Cold Air,Mac Shorty headers, Full Dual Exhaust with Super Forty Flows, Wagon Suspension with a Full Sound System Replacement 1/4 time 17.486 @ 77.43mph

Comment

sounds great mang!

nick get down here and paint some lincolns

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

I think my El Camino could probably make it (though it'd suck ass since I have no stereo or floor) so if you guys wanna talk prices shoot me a PM. Unfortunately I recently lost my job so uh yeah I could use the income.

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSteakJim View Post
                I think my El Camino could probably make it (though it'd suck ass since I have no stereo or floor) so if you guys wanna talk prices shoot me a PM. Unfortunately I recently lost my job so uh yeah I could use the income.
                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

well whole car ended up getting painted for 1100 and than 184 for paint and clear so 1300 not bad i dont think
                  sigpic
                  1986 Crown Victoria 302 Cold Air,Mac Shorty headers, Full Dual Exhaust with Super Forty Flows, Wagon Suspension with a Full Sound System Replacement 1/4 time 17.486 @ 77.43mph

Comment

Well only if you are happy with the results.
                    ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

well i saw the body work done already and I was impressed it looked like nothing was ever there so I think im going to be very happy
                      sigpic

Comment

cell phone pic do not do it justice also getting wet sanded and buffed now too
                        Attached Files
                        sigpic

Comment

so shiny.
                          ~David~

Comment

ooh nice!
                            you gonna be ready for the jersey meet saturday?

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

If I can get the trim all back one swap wheels and than fix brake line yeah. lol Its a small to do list right.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSteakJim View Post
                                Uncorrect.

I have seen incredible blend jobs where even the keenest eye can't see that anything's been done, even knowing what spots to look at. They're actually not very difficult to do. Just need practice. Some people can do them, and some just can't. With the kind of hack work I've seen in body shops before though, I wouldn't be surprised if they came out looking spotty.
                                X2! I think it's really cool!! And it beats having one panel look like a completely different color too!

Comment

Working...
                                X