Ele. Fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ele. Fan

I have the new fan in and working. Just wanted to let you know how I did it. I used the cheap controller, it worked better than the high dollar one. It may have been overkill, but I use a fuse block and 2 relays to make it all work. They work with the key, I ran a wire from the fuse box to the front of the car and use a 10 amp fuse for it. The fuses and relays for the fans are 30 amp.
    The 1st pic is the controller, 2nd is fans, 3th is the temp senor, 4th is relays, 5th is a overall with the fuse block. Both fans come on together, later on when I get the AC fixed, I'll wire one to it.
    This is the 2nd set up I used. The 1st was with a Mark fan and a high dollar controller. The fan used 60 amp to start and it fried the controller and made the lights dim when it started. The new fans only use 30 amps to run and work much better.
    Attached Files
    89 CV LX 225/60 x 16 tires, CC819 rear springs, Front & rear sway bar, trans & PS cooler from 90 cop car. KYB shocks, F-150 on rear. Dual Exhaust w/ H pipe. Dark brown door panels, carpet, steering wheel, trim parts from a 87 Mer GM. Power front buckets from 96 Jeep Cherokee. LED'S front & rear. 3G Alt from a 97 Taurus wagon 3.0. Electric fan. Rear axle from a 97 PI 3.27 with disk brakes. Headlight relays.

Looks like you probably wired it similar to mine. Are the two relays in parallel to split the current load? Thats what I did with mine. The connectors on the bottom of the original single relay were getting hot and crispy. Since I split the load it seems to be doing just fine though.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Each fan has its own fuse, relay, and power supply. Thats why I used the fuse block, it was just easier to hook it all up.
      89 CV LX 225/60 x 16 tires, CC819 rear springs, Front & rear sway bar, trans & PS cooler from 90 cop car. KYB shocks, F-150 on rear. Dual Exhaust w/ H pipe. Dark brown door panels, carpet, steering wheel, trim parts from a 87 Mer GM. Power front buckets from 96 Jeep Cherokee. LED'S front & rear. 3G Alt from a 97 Taurus wagon 3.0. Electric fan. Rear axle from a 97 PI 3.27 with disk brakes. Headlight relays.

Comment

has anyone done some testing to see what your MPG gain is from the swap?

Comment

Don't know. I get around 20 MPH.

Comment

Working...
          X