Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Project Frame Repair, and Rust Prevention.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still woulda found another frame and swapped it..I understand how much work you put into it, but there is always a limit. That's why I junked my 87. Frame was bent like a pretzel, body was rusted and was put together all wrong when the frame was damaged.
    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

That is why I pressure wash the shit out of my underbody. I go to the carwashes with the pressure wash bays and wash the inside of my frame until clean water comes out. First I spray soap and let it sit, then rinse all that shit away and out of my frame rails. I have spent a good 25min on my underside alone.
      Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Which is why you have the cleanest 95 towncar ive EVER seen.
        1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
        Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Thank you, but embassy would hand me my ass. They have actually given open heart surgury in the engine bay of his car.
          Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Wow, i hope you dont drive the car like that!!! :naughty: thats Dangerous!!:hairrais: when you section the frame rail make sure you cover all your welds with steel plate of the same thigkness and weld it in for strength.. a regular butt weld is not strong enough... good luck. wish i could help

Comment

Originally posted by p71towny
              Thank you, but embassy would hand me my ass. They have actually given open heart surgury in the engine bay of his car.
              LOL. Thanks.
              The 2003 Marauder 300A F.I.T #003
              The 1998 P71 Jinbei. SOLD!
              The 2001 P71 (Flying Snow).

Comment

Well I got of my procrastinating ass and finished it today. Total time was about 13hours. I fealt like crap and came in. I'll take pics tomorrow.

I walk away with two battle scars....1st, angle grinder found my arm...2nd, flying motlent metal finds its way inside my welding mask and lands in my right ear. So, now I'm about 40% deff in that ear...yay *sarcasticaly*

Tranny is supposed to be in tomorrow, so maybe if DHL can get their damn act together (It's still in florida so I doubt it) I'll be driving tomorrow night!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Blaze86Vic
                  I walk away with two battle scars....1st, angle grinder found my arm...2nd, flying motlent metal finds its way inside my welding mask and lands in my right ear. So, now I'm about 40% deff in that ear...yay *sarcasticaly*
                  ive had slag come back and get the indise of my ear also that shit hurts, feels lik 8 wasps just stung the same place at the same time
                  http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
                  http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

Well here are the pics, not it's not perfect but it will do a fine job of holding up for the next few years.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Blaze86Vic; 11-02-2006, 09:48 AM.

Comment

Here is a pic of the cut on my arm. And the hearing is almost back now.

Comment

grinders to the skin hurt like a bitch. I have a nice scar on my left shin from one getting away from me. Frame looks good man. Was your trans crossmember rotted at the ends too? The one on my car was in fairly bad shape when I did the transmission in it. The whole end was just about rotted off, so I replaced it with a junkyard one. Glad I did, would have sucked to have that sucker snap loose the first time I went to bake the tires with the new motor.
                        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73
                          Was your trans crossmember rotted at the ends too?
                          Actually no. I said it before and I wasn't just BSing, that part of the frame is the only rust on my car. My crossmember still has a good coat of the factory black paint on it. And my floar boards still have a good clean gray to them, once you get through the sticky dirt on it. My car is prolly one of the least rusted cars here. But that one dang spot was rusted out like the thing had been under water for 5 years. :drug:

Comment

Wow dude, that arm looks PAINFUL!!!!
                            1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                            Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

It has been more of a pain afterwards. Every time I bend my elbo it breaks the scab. It's almost ready to come out from the big rectangular bandaid that I have on it. I was expecting great amounts of pain when I saw it, but once I scrubed it cleen I found that it was only surface wounds. It didn't go in, which is good, because I was alone, and if I had cut a main vein, I might not be here now Take note of how close that is to where they get blood from you...

Comment

Looks a bit better...
                                Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Working...
                                X